DOE PARK CARAVAN SITE
Cotherstone, Barnard Castle, County Durham. DL12 9UQ
Tel. 01833 650302
At Doe Park Caravan Site we strive to ensure that all visitors can enjoy the accommodation, facilities and surroundings within and around the park. Our aim is to help in any way we can and if you require any assistance during your visit we will be delighted to assist.
• We cater for touring caravans, motor homes, folding campers and tents.
• Our brochure is available on request and we can post a copy of this access statement if required.
• We offer bookings via telephone and e-mail on. Staff always accept Type Talk calls.
• Website is produced in 14 point font as recommended by RNIB. Promotional materials ie, tariff, brochure, site rules are available in large text format if required.
• The park is entered from the road via a large double gate, the tarmac drive passes farm buildings and leads to the reception area and building.
• Reception has a large level tarmac area at the front to provide ample parking whilst visitors check in and access to reception is directly from this area.
• Once registered at reception visitors access the main park area via a security barrier. The barrier is open between 7am and 10.30pm and is locked at all other times. A sign on the barrier and the noticeboards gives 2 contact numbers should visitors need to leave the park for emergency purpose. A key to the barrier is made available to visitors should they need 24 access for work or medical reasons.
Public Areas and Pitches
• There is a 5mph speed limit throughout the park.
• Tarmac and gravel roads service all parts of the park.
• Signage around the park is clear and paddocks and all facilities are well lit inside and out.
• Assistance dogs are allowed on the premises and in the facility blocks.
• The park is made up of level paddocks situated in the grounds of Doe Park.
• The majority of pitches are hardstanding, some are double hardstanding for caravan and awning and some are grass.
• There is ample room for parking next to each pitch and a visitors parking area is available.
• Assistance with pitching is available.
• There are two water points, chemical toilet disposal points, dustbin areas and recycling points on the park and numerous fire points and extinguishers.
• Pitches are allocated according to visitors requirements and we are happy to advise on suitability when booking or on arrival
• The park has two toilet and shower blocks, the smaller situated opposite the reception building and the larger in the centre of the park. Both provide level entry to showers, washbasins and toilets. The larger block has a purpose built disabled section with large, low level shower, toilet with grab rails, washbasin and baby changing facilities (key provided on arrival for duration of stay).
• The washing up room has two sinks with hot and cold water. There is a small step into the building.
• The laundry has a parking area outside and a step down into to room. There is a top loading washing machine and spin drier and a front loading tumble drier.
• Mobile telephone reception on the park is good and there is also a public telephone provided.
• Information on how to contact a doctor, NHS direct or out of hours emergency care is displayed throughout the park and staff are happy to arrange medical appointments on request.
• There is a local bus service which offers a request stop at the entrance to the park. Staff are aware of contact information.
• Teesdale Disability Access Forum are available to provide help and advice as and when necessary.
• Doe Park Caravan Site, Cotherstone, Barnard Castle, County Durham. DL12 9UQ
• Telephone 01833 650302
• Email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Website www.doepark.co.uk
• Reception opening times 9 -12.15 then 1.30 – 5.00. A warden is always available to deal with out of hours arrivals or a message will be left on the board outside reception. A clear map of the site is displayed outside reception.
These numbers are displayed throughout.