The Lamb Family have owned, lived and farmed at Doe Park for three generations. In the 1980's Keith and Muriel made the decision to diversify into tourism and opened a five caravan certified location. Guests returned again and again to this beautiful spot in undiscovered Teesdale and gradually the park was sympathetically and sensitively extended.
Many of those original visitors still spend time with us at Doe Park and have become real friends.
The Lamb family continue to farm the 200 acres surrounding the site and run the caravan site alongside.
The two businesses complement each other well and provide a unique environment from which you can relax in a beautiful setting and enjoy walking, cycling, fishing and birdwatching from your caravan door.
The House and surrounding land was once part of a much larger estate and, we understand has a very interesting history. This is the story of Doe Park as far as we know, however there may be some inaccuracies as this information has been passed on over time, although some is gathered from historical records.
The earliest record of Doe Park is from 1520 when it was owned by the Craddocks, a Royalist family, during the Civil War. It was most probably a hunting lodge but there is no record of what the house was like at that time, although it certainly would not have been the house that is here today.
The next records show it to be owned by James Ledgard in 1645. He was a Roundhead and reformed the house an named it Ledgard or Ledger Hall. Before he could complete the house, however, it is believed he was hung, drawn and quartered on the Romaldkirk village green leaving the house unfinished.
The house was probably intended to be much larger than it actually is, with a pitched roof and double the size, however through lack of money the house was finished as quickly as possible and that may explain why the house is so tall and narrow.
Tariff information and how to contact Doe Park.
Full details about accessibility at the park.
About local wildlife and the farm.